It’s no secret that I’ve got a sweet tooth and when it comes to cookies, I pride myself in being a bit of a connoisseur. But you know what’s a big problem? Good oatmeal cookies can be hard to come by (especially when you’re looking for ‘em without raisins!). I was recently struck with a serious oatmeal cookie craving and had to take matters into my own hands after striking out at my usual cookie go-to’s and whipped up a batch of the most perfect oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in existence. McCann’s Irish Oatmeal® is a staple in our house (Blaine’s addicted) which made for the ultimate foundation for a killer oatmeal cookie – the brand has been growing its oats in Ireland for over 150 years AND they recently earned their non-GMO certification on their core products (Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal in the 28oz. Tin, Quick & Easy Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal in the 24 oz. Canister, and Quick Cooking Rolled Oats in the 16 oz. Box.), so… there’s basically no excuse not to celebrate with some cookies.
Do I have you craving cookies yet? Sorry I’m not sorry but I will let you in on a little secret and spill all the details you need to whip up a batch of your own.
- 1 1/2 cup McCann’s Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix egg, vanilla extract, butter, and sugars and beat on medium-high speed until blended and creamed
- Add oats, flour and baking soda and beat until just combined, then fold in chocolate chips
- Divide dough into medium sized balls and place at least 2” apart on a cookie sheet – place in refrigerator and chill dough for 2 hours (as much as the waiting stinks, it’s important not to skip this step!)
- After dough has chilled, pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 11 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing and storing
And that’s it! Easy and delicious (aka my kind of baking) – they’re just the right combination of sweet and hearty thanks to the blend of McCann’s Oats and chocolate. The recipe makes a small batch of about a dozen cookies which is just enough to cure a cookie craving – feel free to double the batch if you’re making cookies for a crowd!
This post was sponsored by McCann’s Irish Oatmeal® and as always, all opinions are 100% honest and my own – authenticity is a top priority and I only partner with brands I truly love. Thank you for supporting the brands that partner with Pretty & Fun!